The challenge exercises are key to increasing efficiency and speed performing common tasks in OneNote. This video provides an opportunity for users to test and reinforce their knowledge of OneNote. The challenge includes: adding images, inserting tables, using the Format Painter, inserting a file printout, and creating custom page templates.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to the challenge…for chapter three.…To complete this exercise you…are gonna go ahead and open…the challenge file that's stored in…the chapter three, zero three zero eight folder…that's on your desktop.…Let's just walk that through to get you started.…You're gonna navigate back to your desktop.…Open up the exercise file folder,…open up chapter three,…and if you double-click to open…the zero three underscore zero eight folder,…you're gonna find a PDF file called Challenge.…
If you open the Challenge file…you'll see that you're gonna be…practicing working through some of…the topics that we covered in chapter three…that may also very likely appear on…the Microsoft Office User exam.…You're gonna go ahead and open a notebook file,…and then step through the rest of the exercise.…As always, you wanna move as quickly…and efficiently as you can,…bearing in mind that the exam is timed.…
Make sure if you have any questions at all,…that you resolve those questions…until you're comfortable with them.…And you're absolutely invited to watch…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.