This video continues the exploration of the social features in My Sites covering Blogs and RSS feeds. We’ll add blog posts and share our blog with other users. We’ll also use the “Change the Look” option to change the design of a blog page. The video demonstrates subscribing to another person’s blog using RSS or Rich Site Summary or sometimes called Really Simple Syndication.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Two other elements that are part of the social…features in SharePoint 2013 are blogs and RSS feeds.…We'll take a look at how you can add blog posts, change the…look of your blog site, share your blog with others, check…to see if you can subscribe to RSS, and…subscribe to an RSS feed.…I'm back in my news feed. And I'll go to my blog by…selecting it from the left.…
I'd like to create a new blog post.…I'd like to add a blog post about information going on…within an organization that I volunteer with.…(typing)…I type in the information that I'd like to add,…and click Publish to publish it.…If I'd like to share my blog with other users,…I can simply click share in the upper right-hand corner,…and type in the names of the people that…I'd like to share my blog with.…
Select their name; if I click Show Options I can see…that I'm about to grant Lisbeth…contribute access to my blog.…Click on share, and I've shared it with her.…I can also change how my blog looks.…On the right-hand side, under Change Post Layout,…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating and configuring lists
- Modifying list items, views, and columns
- Creating and editing libraries
- Setting up content types
- Managing SharePoint sites
- Creating new site pages
- Sharing information in newsfeeds and blogs
- Storing files in OneDrive
- Refining SharePoint search results
Skill Level Beginner
Publishing Sites with SharePoint 2013with Ron Davis1h 14m Beginner
SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Formswith Gini von Courter1h 27m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist SharePoint 2013 Exam Overview
MOS preparation and testing1m 22s
2. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Lists
3. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Document Libraries
4. Managing SharePoint Sites
5. Participating in User Communities
6. Configuring and Consuming Search Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.