Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Arrange email by date or sender, part of Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management.
- [Voiceover] A view is a group of settings…that determine how information is displayed…in the information viewer.…Whether you're looking at the inbox or the calendar,…people or tasks,…whatever Outlook app you're in.…You and I work with views, change views,…and create views primarily on the View tab.…There are a number of different views…that are already in place…that are included on…the drop-down of Change View.…So in the inbox we have…Compact, Single, and Preview,…and we have the ability to modify view settings,…to change the columns,…to group them,…to sort them and filter them.…
But much of this is already built into…the information viewer,…so we don't have to work with the Advanced View Settings…to do many of the things…we would routinely wish to do.…For example,…if I want to see who messages are from,…rather than by date,…I simply click this button,…which is the arrangements list…and I choose to arrange these by From…What I see then…are my messages from Carolina,…Danielle, from Inga,…two different email accounts notice,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.