…One of the most powerful and easy to use, yet…often overlooked features of Microsoft Word is its styles feature.…If you don't already use styles regularly, you should probably consider it.…Styles make it easy to apply consistent formatting, throughout your documents.…You can use a default predefined styles that are…part of the template, on which your document is based.…Or choose a different theme or style set, for an entirely different look and feel.…You can even create your own custom styles…and modify existing styles to better meet your needs.…
Even if you don't manually apply styles throughout…your document, Word may do it for you.…For example, when you use outline view to create an outline,…Word automatically applies heading styles, to each level of outline heading.…When you add a footnote to a document, Word…automatically formats the footnote number and text with styles.…Word supports three types of styles.…A paragraph style, is a style that always applies to entire paragraphs of text.…A character style, is a style that always applies to just selected text characters.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.