In 2013, PowerPoint introduced a feature called Smart Guides. This allows users to line up and space photos, shapes, and other design elements perfectly on a slide. In this video, staff author Jess Stratton demonstrates how to use Smart Guides to align, size, and evenly space four photos on a slide.
- [Voiceover] In PowerPoint 2013,…Microsoft introduced a feature called Smart Guides.…This would ensure that you could correctly align photos…and evenly space them apart.…I have four photos on this screen.…I'm going to take these photos and slide them around…and resize them.…Watch what happens as I do this.…As I move this image over to the lefthand side…of the screen, a red-dotted vertical line will appear.…This line is telling me that this image…is perfectly aligned with the one on top…on the lefthand side.…
I'm going to click and drag to resize the image,…and now it's telling me that it's lined up…on the righthand side.…Let's do that to the ones on the right.…The horizontal-dotted line on the top…tells me that the image is correctly lined up…on the top of the image.…Let's resize it,…and now it's lined up on the bottom also.…There is one more image,…and this time I have two lines appear.…
Now it's lined up with the one on top of it…and the image to the left of it.…I'll resize it, and the lines on the righthand side…
- Recall the options for accessing frequently tools easily.
- List the buttons that are part of the background removal tool.
- Recall the benefits of using sections.
- Explain the features of smart guides.
- Recognize how to practice presenting your presentation while keeping track of how long it takes.
- List the features of the Presenter view.