When you have users or groups of users that need to access parts of SharePoint…they haven't accessed before, you'll need to give them permission to have that access.…Now this is different than authentication.…Authentication is Windows saying this user is who they say they are.…And that's what allows them to Login to SharePoint, but after they're here, if…they're going to do anything, even if they're going to simply view this page,…they need to have Permissions that you grant them.…I'm going to begin then by clicking on Settings and choosing Site Settings.…
And you can tell that I have lots of Permissions here or I wouldn't see almost…any of this. If you only see a very short list here…then you may not have permission to change site permissions.…But in the users and permission section, if you click on Site Permissions, you can…see the groups that are established on this site.…And I need to grant permissions to a new user.…There are several ways to do this. One way is, that I can click the group I…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.