Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding and removing slides, part of PowerPoint 2013 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
There's a few ways to add slides in PowerPoint.…We've already covered one way, which is to select New Slide, select the layout we want,…and start working or in the Slides navigator we can right-click and select New Slide.…Now it's going to default to a certain layout, but that's okay we can change it.…In the Home Ribbon tab come up to Layout, and now you can change it to whatever Layout we want.…In this case I'm going to choose Content with Caption.…Because while we're building this presentation, now it's time to start talking a little bit about our Executive Team.…
So here's my placeholders, and I'm going to start by adding some text to it.…I'm going to come down here to the next placeholder.…And I can change my text if I want, for example, if I highlight it using the pop-up menu…I'm going to bold face it, and I can do the same with the next line.…Now it's time to start inputting some data about Jaryl.…And I actually have that already done.…So I'm going to copy and paste it right into PowerPoint.…
It's in my Assets folder in a text document called Executive Team.…
- Touring the PowerPoint interface
- Creating a presentation
- Adding, removing, and rearranging slides
- Adding and formatting pictures
- Working with bullet points
- Inserting tables from Excel
- Adding shapes and creating diagrams
- Inserting audio and video clips
- Delivering your presentation
- Reusing and sharing a presentation
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Overcoming Your Fear of Public Speakingwith Todd Dewett26m 26s Intermediate
1. Navigating PowerPoint
2. Working with Presentations
3. Working with Slides
4. Adding Pictures to Slides
5. Adding Content to Slides
6. Adding Shapes, Diagrams, and Charts to Slides
7. Adding Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
8. Preparing the Presentation
9. Delivering Your Presentation
10. Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.