Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding equations, part of PowerPoint 2013 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If you're creating a presentation for a new chemical formula breakthrough in science or…if you need to create an equation for any reason, PowerPoint 2013 can do a much better…job than it could in any previous version.…In fact, before you needed to get your own editor to get a toolbar up in PowerPoint versions.…Now, 2013 comes with a built-in WYSIWYG editor, What You See Is What You Get.…It has its own built-in equation toolbar ready to go.…To insert equations, you need to make sure that you have a content placeholder in place…and just go to the Insert tab and choose Equation.…
Now you can get some built-in equations right away.…You can simply click on them and they'll get inserted in, you can put your cursor on any value and change it.…You can even add to it by going back to the INSERT toolbar, going to Equation and choosing type your own equation.…I can comment put an equal symbol in, add anything I want.…For example, I can choose any of these Basic Math symbols, and I can click the pull down…options for more choices like Greek Letters, Operators, Arrows, even Geometry.…
- Touring the PowerPoint interface
- Creating a presentation
- Adding, removing, and rearranging slides
- Adding and formatting pictures
- Working with bullet points
- Inserting tables from Excel
- Adding shapes and creating diagrams
- Inserting audio and video clips
- Delivering your presentation
- Reusing and sharing a presentation
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Overcoming Your Fear of Public Speakingwith Todd Dewett26m 26s Intermediate
1. Navigating PowerPoint
2. Working with Presentations
3. Working with Slides
4. Adding Pictures to Slides
5. Adding Content to Slides
6. Adding Shapes, Diagrams, and Charts to Slides
7. Adding Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
8. Preparing the Presentation
9. Delivering Your Presentation
10. Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.