Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a custom list app, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
There are many different ways that you can add a list to your site, lets go take…a look at some of them, so in SharePoint you can create a list first by using one…of the built in list apps that we say, list like calendars, context,…announcements and issue tracking And I can't stress enough that before you build…a list in any other way you should go and see if there's a build in app that would…allow you to create the list you want. Because the kind of list apps that you…see in SharePoint address common business needs like keeping a calendar.…
Or make announcements to a group or tracking issues about some type of a…project so look there first and we already know how to do that but we can…then use the custom lists app to create a list because the built in lists don't…meet this particular business need. There's a new custom list app, in…SharePoint 2013, that allows us to create a custom list on the fly using a data…sheet view type of app. Additionally, we have the ability to…import lists from Excel, and other spreadsheet programs, using the import…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.