Our Inside Sport site has several apps that aren't reflected on the home page,…but we believe they should be. For example, we have a set of links to…external sites that can be helpful as we're planning our sport promotions.…We have the calendar that lists all those up-and-coming promotions.…And we have a discussion board. It's a little different than the newsfeed.…The newsfeed comes and goes, but the discussion board persists conversations…so that we can actually use that discussion board as an archive to go back…later and find solutions to questions that were raised.…
So, what we'd like to do, ultimately, is remove the documents library, remove…this, get started with your site web part at the top and add, add parts for our…promo links, our promo events in our discussion board here in this prime real…estate on the home page of the Inside Sport site.…So, let's start. We can already see that we have these apps.…So, let's simply go to Page. I'm going to check this page out.…
It says it's checked out and editable. It was editable regardless.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.