OneNote organizes information in sections and pages, similar to its paper predecessor. Adding sections and pages in OneNote is a few simple clicks without the danger of paper cuts. In this video, users will learn multiple methods of adding and renaming sections and pages. Users will learn how to create section groups and move sections into the new group.
- [Voiceover] So in this video we'll take a look…at adding some additional information into…our OneNote Notebook.…We'll add Sections.…Sections are used to store information…kind of like the old Manila File Folders…that you used to think about.…So we'll add some new sections and of course…when we'll add new sections we'll also go ahead…and rename those sections.…So let's start there.…I'm going to go ahead and navigate back to OneNote.…And of course when I open OneNote it opens back up…with the Notebook I most recently had open.…
Right now our Notebook has only one section…called New Section One.…To add a new section,…we'll go ahead and click the Create New Section button…to the right of it and that creates our new section…and gives us the ability to rename it immediately.…So, during my office move I know I'm going to need…some renovation information.…So I'll simply title the new section…that I added Renovation.…And I think I'd also like to take my section that…was already there called Section One and rename…that section to Planning.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.