If there's a tool that you frequently use in PowerPoint, you can add it to the Ribbon by making a custom tab and a group. You can also add the tool to the Quick Access toolbar at the top of the screen. In this video, author Jess Stratton shows users how to add tools to the Ribbon and the Quick Access toolbar.
- [Voiceover] If you find yourself always using…the same tools over and over again,…you can save yourself a few mouse clicks…by adding them to the ribbon,…or the quick access toolbar up here on the top left-hand…side of the screen.…To add a tool to the ribbon,…click file on the top left-hand side of the screen,…choose options, and in the PowerPoint options…dialogue click customize ribbon.…This is going to bring you to a new screen…where you can get the ribbon all setup…just the way you like.…On the left-hand side is the available tools…to choose from,…on the right-hand side is the way your ribbon…is currently setup.…
You can see that they're organized by tabs.…For example, here's the home tab,…and from here these are the groups within that tab.…For example, you can see home,…and then clipboards, slides, font,…paragraph, drawing, and editing.…Without having to close this dialogue,…I can come back here and see that we're on the home tab,…directly underneath that I can see the clipboard group,…the slides groups, and if we go all the way to the end,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Changing the default save location
- Creating custom icons with shapes
- Copying and pasting formatting
- Organizing slides into sections
- Creating layouts with slide masters
- Adding footers
- Creating handouts
- Using Presenter view and annotations
- Working with Excel data