OneNote excels at allowing users to capture text notes with an easy click anywhere and type. Users can add text anywhere on a page. Users can make the notes more professional using heading styles, applying bullets, and numbers, using other familiar formatting commands from the Home ribbon or the mini toolbar.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now that we've added sections and pages…to our One Note notebook it might be time to…actually add some notes to our One Note notebook.…So we'll take a quick peek at adding…note content to One Note.…And of course it's important when we're working…with information that it look consistent.…So we'll take a quick peek at using styles to…apply some consistent formatting to the text that we'll add.…And we'll also add a quick page using a page template.…
We'll be spending some more time on…page templates in a later video but…this will just be a nice introduction for you now.…So I'm gonna navigate back to my…office move planning notebook.…And if you remember from our last video…we had taken our permits, our contractors,…and our furniture information and moved it…into this section group called office renovations.…So I'm gonna go ahead and delete those…three pages from my planning section.…
I'll click on the first one.…Right-click and choose delete.…And I can also select multiple at one time.…So contractors is selected.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.