In this video we explore adding content to document libraries. We create new Word documents in the library using the default content type. We’ll also upload different types of documents to the library. SharePoint 2013 allows users to modify file properties using the File ribbon. There are several SharePoint 2013 MOS exam objectives for adding and managing content in document libraries and this video helps potential exam candidates review those objectives.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Once you've created your document library,…certainly you wanna add files to it.…In this video, we'll create a new document…using the default content type for our document library.…We'll also take a look at how easy it is…to upload existing documents to a library,…as well as edit the document properties.…I'm gonna go back to my HR documents document library…that I created a few moments ago.…I'll select it.…
And up at the top I have my Files tab,…and my Library tab.…I'll click on my Files tab.…And under New Document,…I can create a new document based upon…the default content type in this library.…This library right now only has Word as a content type,…and that's fine for what we wanna do.…I'm gonna go ahead and start my document…about the Landon Hotel annual leave policy.…
I could continue to type and build on my information,…but I have to run off to a quick meeting.…So I'm gonna simply save my document,…and I'm gonna call it "Annual Leave Policy".…Edit my changes, it's being saved into my HR Documents…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating and configuring lists
- Modifying list items, views, and columns
- Creating and editing libraries
- Setting up content types
- Managing SharePoint sites
- Creating new site pages
- Sharing information in newsfeeds and blogs
- Storing files in OneDrive
- Refining SharePoint search results
Skill Level Beginner
Publishing Sites with SharePoint 2013with Ron Davis1h 14m Beginner
SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Formswith Gini von Courter1h 27m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist SharePoint 2013 Exam Overview
MOS preparation and testing1m 22s
2. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Lists
3. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Document Libraries
4. Managing SharePoint Sites
5. Participating in User Communities
6. Configuring and Consuming Search Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.