Early versions of SharePoint, did not support saving Access databases and…document libraries. And the reason is, you couldn't store a…database in a database. In SharePoint 2013, I can save an Access…database in a document library. When I open it It can't open in a browser…on the server. It can only open in Access.…So here I'm seeing my database opened in Access.…The security wraning is simply because I have some macros in here, but this is the…thing that's different. If I make some changes here I have to…actually click to Synchronize those changes back to SharePoint server.…
So I don't really have a browser client for access even though my status bar says…I'm online with SharePoint, I have to make sure that I'm synchronizing any…changes that I'm making while I have this data base open.…And here we are saving it back to it's document library.…One imagining of the role of access in the enterprise right now is that you'll…actually use access to report on data from a wide range of sources.…
And so access is actually built to be able to work with external data.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.