Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting navigation, part of Sway Essential Training.
- Navigation simply means how we move through our Sway…when we're viewing it.…So, one of the choices we have is scrolling vertically,…and that's what we're doing right now.…We also have the ability to scroll horizontally.…So, if I change my navigation,…and we then preview,…we get something that looks more like slides.…We can scroll.…
That will work.…We can click to move.…Notice that the start of the section…ends up on the left side on the screen, each time.…We're scrolling by page.…Another choice that I have…is to choose Optimized for Presentation.…When we optimize for presentation, hmmm.…We sometimes get an error.…
Let's try that again.…Let's go back to our original vertical navigation,…and let's try, again, Optimized for Presentation.…Clearly no, so it has an issue with displaying this content.…That's alright.…We're still working on a preview product here.…So, the Optimized for Presentation is your third choice.…I liked the scrolling vertically.…It worked well for us here,…but it seems to me…that in longer presentations in particular,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating Sways
- Using cards
- Choosing a design and navigation strategy
- Duplicating and remixing Sways
- Embedding other content
- Inviting others to edit your Sway
- Sharing Sways
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Sway
2. Embedding and Adding Other Content
3. Sharing Your Sway
Sharing a Sway on Docs.com2m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.