Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Choose navigation for your Sway, part of Sway Essential Training.
- [Instructor] When we created our Sway,…it looked good the first time we previewed it,…and the reason is that there were some settings…that were automatically applied,…for example, the blue behind our headings,…all of the colors that are being used…in this particular Sway, the fonts that are being used,…the navigation from top to bottom.…We didn't have to specify any of those choices.…All we needed to do was create the Sway,…but we might want to make some choices about them,…and you'll find choices not in Storyline,…where we add and modify and rearrange content,…but in design, where we'll style our Sway.…
Click the styles palette button…and a new pane opens with information about customization.…This is really navigation.…Do we want our Sway to be set vertically or horizontally?…If I click on horizontal, then as I work through my Sway,…it's going to go side for side rather than top to bottom.…Or do I want it to look more really like…a PowerPoint presentation, where we have individual slides…that I click through.…
- Formulate Sways from existing documents or from scratch.
- Integrate heading cards and backgrounds into a Sway.
- Plan a design and navigation strategy for a Sway.
- Explain how to duplicate and remix when putting together a Sway.
- Recognize how to embed other content such as a YouTube video into a Sway.
- Illustrate how to make a copy or a template.
- Summarize ways to share a Sway.