Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Office Mix?, part of Learning Office Mix.
- Office Mix is an add-on that extends the capabilities of the newer versions of PowerPoint so that you can create interactive video presentations that don't need PowerPoint in order to run. That can be published and shared in Office365, published and shared in a browser. With Office Mix you begin with a regular PowerPoint presentation, and then you insert interactive elements like quizzes and polls. You insert video, audio, screen recordings if you wish.
Screenshots. Then, you overlay your own narration. Video, audio, annotations, and record them. When you're all done you have something that you can save as a video, publish and share. Office Mix is a small set of tools that are compelling and easy to use, let's get started.
Author Gini Courter provides an overview of the add-in, and then shows how to plan a mix and insert screenshots, videos, and screen recordings. She then shows how to preview and upload the mix, and save it as a video that can be hosted online.
Along the way, she explains how to add narration and annotations, add interactive content like true/false or multiple-choice questions, and share and distribute the mix.
- What is Office Mix?
- Inserting screenshots and screen recordings
- Compressing and uploading a mix
- Inserting video
- Adding questions and polls
- Exporting and sharing mixes