Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing the Office Mix add-in, part of Up and Running with Office Mix.
- View Offline
- If you don't already have Office Mix installed…in PowerPoint, simply go to your browser.…And enter mix.office.com.…And you will end up at the Office Mix homepage.…There are a couple of different buttons…where you can click to get Office Mix.…And one where you can sign in.…I'm going to click Get Office Mix.…And I'll be asked to sign in immediately.…I could have signed in first, and then clicked the button.…You have a variety of ways you can sign in.…You can sign in using Google or Facebook.…
Sign in with an account from your work.…Or sign in with a Microsoft account.…That would be, for example, a Hotmail account,…or a live.com account.…That's what I'm going to do.…And notice that I'm signed in…because my name appears here.…This is how we would install Office Mix.…First, make sure you've closed PowerPoint.…There's a download that's automatically started.…And then what I'd do is Run this download.…
If it hadn't automatically begun downloading for me,…I could click here.…And it would then start downloading.…But it already did, I've downloaded this.…
Author Gini Courter provides an overview of the add-in, and then shows how to plan a mix and insert screenshots, videos, and screen recordings. She then shows how to preview and upload the mix, and save it as a video that can be hosted online.
Along the way, she explains how to add narration and annotations, add interactive content like true/false or multiple-choice questions, and share and distribute the mix.
- What is Office Mix?
- Inserting screenshots and screen recordings
- Compressing and uploading a mix
- Inserting video
- Adding questions and polls
- Exporting and sharing mixes