Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with slide layouts, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
Depending on what you plan on displaying on any given slide in a presentation,…you want to make sure that it's laid out properly.…Well there are number of different slide layouts to choose from here in…PowerPoint 2011, so let's check them out now using our NewHire presentation,…and we will go to slide number one.…Now slide layouts can be selected when you add new slides or they can be…applied to existing slides, so let's start by adding a new slide. And instead…of just clicking the New Slide button, which will add the default slide layout…for us, let's check out our options by clicking the dropdown arrow next to that button.…
Here you'll see a number of different layouts, with the current theme already…applied to the thumbnails.…Title Slide is what we see, our first slide, which has a title and a subtitle, and…you'll notice that there are spots reserved on the slide for those.…Next to that, we have Title and Content. Many of the slides contain a title at…the top, and then you will see content down below. It could be a bulleted list,…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Leading Productive Meetings (2011)with Dave Crenshaw1h 22m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.