Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using themes, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
Once you've created the slides in your presentation - maybe you've got all of the…content on those slides - the slides are in the right order for now, you might be…thinking about adding some visual interest to your presentation.…You want to be able to capture the interest of your audience, keep them…focused on your presentation, and not bored with what they're seeing up on the big screen.…Well that could include putting imagery in the background, adding color schemes,…different fonts, and so on.…You could do that yourself. It would be very time-consuming, and you run the…risk of possibly using the wrong color combinations and maybe fonts that don't…go with one another.…
So a very handy option here in PowerPoint 2011 is to use the built-in themes.…They are there for you; you simply select them and make minor adjustments.…We're going to do that now using our New Hire presentation, and we're going to…use the Ribbon because there is a tab labeled Themes.…When you click Themes, you're going to see options, all related to working with…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Leading Productive Meetings (2011)with Dave Crenshaw1h 22m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.