Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using and creating templates, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
Templates allow you to create new presentations with a lot of the formatting…and the design created for you, with placeholders telling you where to place…text so it looks great.…What you can also do in PowerPoint 2011 is create your own templates, and that's…what we're going to do right now, using our NewHire8 presentation.…It's got a different theme that's being used here, some different content.…As you create your presentations, you may realize, down the road, you need to…reuse this presentation, maybe with updated information.…
In that case, it's an ideal candidate for creating a template.…Let's start though, by looking at some of the templates that are available to you…by clicking File and then New from Template.…Now anytime you go to create a new presentation, by default, you are going…to see this Presentation gallery, and under Templates, you'll probably see…all selected, allowing you to view all of the templates that are available…to you here in PowerPoint.…As you hover over the thumbnails, you'll see some of the slides, using that…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.