Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the Ribbon interface, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
If you're brand-new to PowerPoint or if you've migrated from earlier versions of…PowerPoint on the Mac to PowerPoint 2011, you're going to notice an extensive…change to the user interface.…It's important we get comfortable in our surroundings, so we're going to explore…the new Fluent user interface, including the new Ribbon. And to do that, we're…going to open up an existing presentation.…So, let's start at the very top of our screen.…At the very top we still have what we call the menu bar, with menu items like…File, Edit, View, all the way across to Help. And clicking these headings will…display a pop-up menu. For example, if we click File, we're going to see File…commands, including one for opening.…
Notice that keyboard shortcuts appear next to many of these commands.…So in this case Command+O would accomplish the same thing as clicking Open, so let's do that.…This displays a file named NewHire.pptx.…That's the extension for PowerPoint presentations.…So, we'll select it.…You'll see a thumbnail representation of the first slide. Just to confirm that's…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.