Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding PowerPoint, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
Just before we begin to explore the many features and functions of PowerPoint…2011, it might be a good idea to investigate what PowerPoint is, and the types of…files you might create with it.…If you are already familiar with PowerPoint - maybe you have used previous…versions - you can probably skip this movie; otherwise, in simple terms Microsoft…PowerPoint is a presentations application, and like the definition implies, this…allows you to create professional quality presentations or slideshows right…from your own computer.…
Remember, those 35-millimeter slides you'd slip into a projector wheel?…Well, PowerPoint replaces that, and with PowerPoint 2011, you will find you are able to…easily communicate your message in a variety of presentation formats, with little…to no experience in slideshow or graphic design.…Now you can create presentations for communicating the status on a project, or…maybe you want to pitch a product or maybe you just want to show a bunch of…photos like you used to with those 35- millimeter slides; maybe it's to train…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.