Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving your presentations, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
Probably the most important thing to learn about working with a PowerPoint…presentation is how to save it.…You don't want to have to redo your work if something goes wrong, like a crash or…a power outage. Well, there are some fail-safes built into PowerPoint, but there are…also many different ways to save a presentation, so…we are going to talk about those now, continuing to work with our Orientation…presentation. Let's just start by making a minor change.…We'll click on the first slide in the Thumbnail pane, and just click in front of…the 2010 Year in the subtitle, and let's add a month.…
Let's try December and a space.…All right, when we click off the slide, we can see exactly what it's going to…look like, and we made a minor adjustment.…We want to save that.…The easiest way, of course, to save is to click the save icon on the toolbar.…It looks like a floppy disk, and this simply updates any changes.…You don't have an opportunity to change where you're saving it to, to change the…name, to change the format.…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.