Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Pasting a chart from Excel, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If you've been following along with me in this chapter, you know that Microsoft…PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel, they share the same charting engine, meaning if…we're to create a chart here in PowerPoint we'd use Excel to edit the data.…Well, that also means if we already have a chart that's been created in Excel…we can borrow it and paste it here onto a slide in PowerPoint, and then be able…to use Excel to edit the data if we choose the appropriate format.…We're going to play around with this now using our Two Trees Tale presentation…here, and we're going to start by moving to slide 15.…
There's our Sales Results in data format.…We could maybe get a better idea of our sales if we could see it in a graphical…format to compare the different quarters and the different types of sales.…So, let's create a new slide for that.…We'll click the New Slide dropdown, instead of clicking New Slide. We don't need…the content; all we need is the title area, so we'll click Title Only, and click…where it says "Click to add title" and type in, instead of Sales Comparison or…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.