Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Opening someone else's calendar, part of Learning Outlook for Mac 2016.
- You may find you need to open…somebody else's calendar and display it in your Outlook.…You could need to schedule things for them…or just to see what their availability is…during a certain time.…To open somebody else's calendar,…they first have to give you permission to open it.…Once they've done that,…in the calendar,…click "Open Shared Calendar" from the top of the screen.…Click inside the search box…and type the name of the person who's calendar…you want to open.…In this case, I'm going to open Leslie's calendar.…
Her name shows up in the view.…I'll select it and then click the blue "Open" button.…It's going to check for permissions…to see if I can open it.…Now I'm going to click "Allow"…to give Outlook permission to go look for her calendar.…On the left-hand side,…I have a new option.…I can see Leslie's calendar here…and a new section called "Shared Calendars."…To be able to see it,…I need to place a check box next to Leslie's name.…Now I can see her calendar overlaid over mine.…
The calendar entries are in two different colors.…
- Adding email accounts
- Reading mail
- Organizing mail
- Creating, replying to, and forwarding email
- Creating new contacts and groups
- Creating appointments and meetings
- Adding a signature to email
Skill Level Beginner
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Working with Email
2. Working with People
3. Working with the Calendar
4. Working with Outlook Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.