Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting a chart, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
Sometimes data is easier to understand, to compare data or spot trends, for…example, when that data is in a graphical form, also known as a chart.…And here in PowerPoint 2011, you have the same charting engine available to…you in Microsoft Excel. It's shared.…So you have the full power to create some very impressive charts.…We are going to do that right now with our TwoTreesTale presentation, and we are…going to do it between slides 13 and 14.…So you can click slide 13 or click between 13 and 14; whatever you prefer.…
Click New Slide and the new default slide format, which is Title, and content…is inserted for you.…Let's start with the title.…We'll just click up there, and let's say we want to compare a few flavors, the…sales of those flavors, who's buying what.…So we'll call this Favorite Flavors.…And we are going to highlight the top three.…All right, so down below now where it says Click to add text, we'll also have…those content icons, and one of them is the Insert Chart icon.…All this is going to do, when we click it, is move us to the Charts tab on the Ribbon.…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.