Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting text on a slide, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
When you add text to a slide using the placeholders that are there already for…you in a slide layout and as part of a theme, typically the formatting of…that text is taking care of.…It'll always be the right size.…It'll always look right, be the right color, et cetera.…But when you start adding your own text, using your own text boxes, or even…using a shape, for example, like we did in the previous movie, you may need to…format the text to look proper.…That's what we're going to do using our Orientation presentation here.…We do have a shape with some text inside.…
You can see the text is way too small for the shape, and it's not the best color either.…So there are some options for formatting this text.…The first step though, is to select that text.…We'll just go inside the text area.…Click once, and you'll notice the entire shape is selected, because we've added…the text to a shape.…This could apply to a text box as well, what we're doing here.…But because it's a shape, we have some formatting options that are going to appear.…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.