Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding synonyms, definitions, and translations, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
When you're working with text in your presentation the occasion may arise where…you need to find a definition for a word, or maybe you need to find synonyms, or…even translate a word or two.…Well, these are all reference tools that are built into the Microsoft Office…2011 Suite of Applications, and we have access to them from PowerPoint.…So we're going to take a look right now using our TT_Tour presentation, and lets…us go down to slide 4 for a second, where we see the Endorsement. Maybe we…need to find a better word for 'standards.'…We see that down at the end of a paragraph.…
There are a couple of things we can do to access the built-in Thesaurus.…One option is to go up to Tools and then down to Thesaurus, and notice it opens up…our Reference tools, and Thesaurus is opened up at the top here.…I'll just close that up for a second because we would have to type in the word…standards and then find the meanings and so on and then insert the word that we…want, but where would it be inserted?…So, before you open the Reference tools, there is a better option.…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.