Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing slides, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you design a presentation in PowerPoint 2011, you have to consider your…audience and how you're going to be presenting.…Will it be on a big screen, will that big screen be a wide screen, or will…you be simply converting it into a PDF document that you will be sharing electronically?…Considering all of these different options, you'll need to set up your pages, or…your slides, accordingly, and that's what we're going to talk about right now,…continuing to work with our NewHire presentation. And you'll notice with the…Themes tab selected, the very first button is our Slide Size, under Page Setup.…
And you can also go to the File menu and find Page Setup there as well. Let's do that.…This opens up the Page Setup dialog box, and you'll see your current size.…Our slides are sized for an on-screen show using a widescreen (16:9), but we can click…this dropdown and see some different options, like an on-screen show that's 4:3,…your standard definition.…Let's select that and see what happens when we click OK.…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.