Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the UI layout, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
When you launch PowerPoint and start working on a presentation, the user…interface is laid out, by default, in a certain way.…That layout can be customized to your liking.…That's what we're going to do right now.…We're going to continue to work with our NewHire presentation. It really doesn't…matter what slide you're looking at, at this point.…What we're really going to focus on are the surroundings.…For example, if you want a little more room to work on the slide itself,…there're couple of things you can do.…Of course, you can use your zoom slider at the very bottom right-hand corner…and zoom in a little bit, or simply click the button to view it on the full…page, so it fits perfectly.…
If you still need more room, there're a couple more things you can do.…Well, you can start with the Ribbon.…Maybe you're not accustomed to the Ribbon, you don't really need to use it, or…you'd like to hide it temporarily.…You'll notice there is a button in the top right-hand corner, a little arrow…pointing up. But when you click this, you'll notice now that you've got some…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.