Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the Ribbon and toolbars, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If you're new to PowerPoint 2011, by far the biggest adjustment is the new user…interface, specifically the Ribbon that appears across the top.…We have different categories, which are indicated by the tabs, always giving you…similar functionality group together, making them easier to find so you spend…less time looking for functionality and more time actually doing your work.…Inside those tabs, you're going to see groups.…You'll see group titles across the top.…Sometimes, you'll even see extra tabs appear and disappear, depending on…what you're working.…
This is context-sensitive, so you always have the tools you need when you need them.…But the Ribbon itself is customizable.…One simple thing we can do, if you want to create a little extra room to work, is…to go over to the right-hand side and just click the little button - it looks like…an arrow pointing up - to collapse the Ribbon.…You'll still see the tabs, and when you need to go there, for example, if you…want to add a chart, click the Chart tab, and there you go.…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.