Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a note on a page, part of OneNote for Mac 2016 Essential Training.
- Once you've created a notebook, maybe a section,…maybe pages and subpages like we did…in the previous movie,…you're ready then to start adding content,…and the easiest way to add content is to simply…click and type.…If you were following along with me…when we created our pages for trips…to San Francisco and L.A.…and subpages for car rental and airline info under each,…we left off at Airline Info under our trip to LA.…And you may recall when you type in a title…and press return, it takes your cursor down,…it starts flashing here on the page waiting for you…to start typing.…
Well, that's the easiest way to add a note…is to simply type it in.…So let's add some airline info by typing…right where the cursor is flashing.…I'm going to type in Air Canada,…press return a couple of times,…and type in United Airlines.…So let's say my trip begins with Air Canada…and on the second leg I'll be on United Airlines…and I want certain info about the airlines…to be stored here.…You notice as soon as you type, a container appears…
Note: While the interface has changed, the features and functions described in the course are accurate. We're working to post a revised course soon.
- Creating, deleting, and sharing notebooks
- Adding pictures, audio, video, and file attachments to notes
- Formatting notes
- Linking notes
- Using tabs
- Creating tables
- Syncing notebooks
- Tracking authors and page versions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with OneNote 2016
2. Creating and Adding Content
3. Formatting Notes
4. Viewing and Organizing Information
5. Working with Tables in OneNote
6. Sharing and Collaboration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.