Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating new presentations, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
When you are ready to create a new presentation in PowerPoint, there are a…couple of considerations to take into account.…So that's what we are going to do right now.…We will start by closing anything you might have open onscreen by clicking the…close button in the very top left-hand corner.…You don't need to save any of your changes at this point.…When you close up the very last one, you are left with this blank…screen. You can see we have got our PowerPoint menu bar across the very top…but nothing to work on.…So now your options are to close down PowerPoint and restart, where you will…see that Presentation Gallery, or simply go up to the File menu and choose one…of the two new options.…
The first one is New Presentation, and this will create a new blank…presentation. Command+N is the keyboard shortcut.…If you want some help getting started by having some sample slides, some themes,…and layout already created for you, you might choose New from Template.…This is going to open up that Presentations Gallery we see every time we launch…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Leading Productive Meetings (2011)with Dave Crenshaw1h 22m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.