Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing character direction, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
When we add text to a slide - whether it be inside a text box, a placeholder, or…even inside a shape - by default, that text is going to flow from left to right.…That is the default, but it can be changed, and there are scenarios where you'll…want to be able to do that.…We're going to take a look at a couple of them now.…With our Orientation presentation, we're going to simply add a new…blank slide by clicking the New Slide dropdown, and we'll click Blank, and there it is.…We've got a blank slide, and now we'll add a shape.…We've done this already.…We'll click the Shape button, go down to Block Arrows, and we'll select the…third arrow, which is the up arrow, and now we'll just click and drag across and…down, so it almost fills the entire slide.…
So there's our shape, and we already know to get text inside, we just…double-click anywhere inside the shape and start typing.…So we'll type in 'Go For Gold,' and you can see, there it is.…It's going from left to right, it is centered, and it's the default font and…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Leading Productive Meetings (2011)with Dave Crenshaw1h 22m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.