Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the background, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
Using themes in a presentation can really add excitement to that presentation,…but if you want to tone it down a little, and you don't see a theme that's…applicable, you can actually work with the background on your own.…And that's we're going to do right now, continuing to work with our…NewHire presentation.…The first thing we're going to do though is remove the theme.…Well, in a way we're actually going to change the theme by clicking the…Themes tab on the Ribbon.…Next we'll just click the dropdown arrow, so we can see a list of all of our…themes. And the very first one under the Built-In group is White, and that really…is kind of like having no theme at all.…
So that is the default when you create a new blank presentation. It is a white…background, and there are no graphics.…It's kind of like working from scratch.…Now it's time to adjust the background. And you'll notice in the Theme…Options group in the Ribbon with the Themes tab still selected, we have a Background button.…And when we click this, we're going to see some presets, and you can choose from…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.