Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing PowerPoint preferences, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
As you continue to work with PowerPoint 2011, you're going to notice there are…certain settings that are set for you by default.…And if you find yourself changing those settings on a regular basis, you…might want to consider changing them permanently by accessing the PowerPoint Preferences.…We're going to take a look at some of them right now.…It really doesn't matter what presentation you have on your screen at this time;…you don't even need to have a presentation open.…We're going to work with customizing.…So we are going to go you to PowerPoint and select Preferences.…
You'll notice the number of categories across the top.…With the General selected, you'll see the General options down below.…And there is a couple of things here that are important.…First of all, enabling macro virus protection is important now with this new file format.…The extension PPTX that you see at the end of the files you saved indicate this…is an XML-based format that we're saving to that allow us for macros.…So sometimes macros are used in a malicious way, and they can be hidden inside a…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.