Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding text with text slides and boxes, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
Probably the most popular content you'll ever find on any given slide in a…presentation is text,…so we're going to talk about working with text boxes.…Some text boxes appear automatically on various slide layouts.…If you're following along with me, you might just want to go up to the File…menu and start a New Presentation, which gives you this blank presentation.…You can see one thumbnail over here in the left, and a title slide.…In the title slide master, you can see it has in the background, a couple of placeholders:…one for a title, and one for a subtitle.…
In this case, because they are placeholders are on the master, you simply click…inside to add your text. So let's do that.…We'll click inside the title slide, and we'll just type in a title:…"A Tale of Two Trees."…Now we'll do the same for the subtitle, which is formatted a little bit differently.…Again, we click inside the placeholder, and we'll just type in 'Orientation 2010.'…So that's all there is to a text box is getting the text in there.…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.