Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding text to a shape, part of PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
When you insert a text box, automatically you have a rectangle that allows you…to type the text inside.…The rectangle itself really doesn't have any properties:…There is no border visible. There is no fill.…It's just a standard text box.…But you can actually add text to any shape that you insert into a slide, and…that's we're going to do now.…We're still working with our Orientation presentation that we started in…the previous lesson.…Here on this blank slide, we typed in some text,…but it might look better if it were inside something a little more…interesting, such as a shape.…
With the Home tab selected on the Ribbon, you'll notice, in the Insert group, you…do have a Shape button.…When you click this, you're going to see a list of groups.…As you move down through those groups, such as rectangles, you'll see different…types of rectangles to choose from,…basic shapes as well.…Then we get down to block arrows, equations, and so on.…Let's go all the way down to Stars and Banners.…We'll choose one of the banners here.…
- Exploring the Presentation Gallery
- Adding, removing, and arranging slides
- Working with slide layouts and slide masters
- Using and creating templates
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with tables and charts
- Inserting images
- Adding video and sound to a presentation
- Animating slide transitions and slide objects
- Showing and sharing presentations
Skill Level Beginner
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
Leading Productive Meetings (2011)with Dave Crenshaw1h 22m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Navigating the User Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Working with Text
5. Working with Tables and Charts
6. Working with Pictures and Multimedia
7. Animating Your Presentation
8. Proofing Your Content
9. Showing Your Presentation
10. Sharing Your Presentation
11. Customizing Your Work Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.