Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding emojis and symbols, part of OneNote for Mac 2016 Essential Training.
- Sometimes when you are typing out notes…you need to insert a special character or symbol…and you look at your keyboard and it's just not there.…There are a number of different categories of symbols,…and characters that we can insert,…but it's a little bit tricky.…We are going to explore it now.…Let's go to our travel section.…If you've been following along you'll have a travel section.…We'll go to Trip to London.…Now, I'm just going to click down below…as if I'm starting a new note.…It could be anywhere. Maybe up here.…
I'm going to move this little icon…representing our video file.…Under every trip I want to see a little symbol…indicating if I am going to…be traveling by air, train, car, etc.…In this case, it is going to be by air.…So, I'm going to insert a symbol.…If I go to the insert tab, I don't see anything there.…Even from the insert menu, I don't see anything…dealing with special characters or symbols.…If you go to the edit menu, however, down at the bottom,…you'll see Emoji & Symbols.…You'll also see the keyboard short-cut:…
- Creating, deleting, and sharing notebooks
- Adding pictures, audio, video, and file attachments to notes
- Formatting notes
- Linking notes
- Using tabs
- Creating tables
- Syncing notebooks
- Tracking authors and page versions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with OneNote 2016
2. Creating and Adding Content
3. Formatting Notes
4. Viewing and Organizing Information
5. Working with Tables in OneNote
6. Sharing and Collaboration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.