Learn how to save and store files locally as well as in the cloud using OneDrive or SharePoint when you want to share a file with others. You will also know how to synchronize your desktop apps with your online storage options so they are available to you when working with the desktop versions of the Office apps.
- [Instructor] With Office 365 it's important…to understand you have new places to save…your files and new ways to share…and collaborate on those files with others.…For example here is Office 365,…you can start creating new files using…any of the online apps, let's say Microsoft Word…for example.…Give that a click, it launches Word Online…and you can start creating new documents.…I'm going to create a new Simple cover letter…by choosing that template.…You can choose anything you like…if you're following along.…And you'll notice right away at the top…it's called Document and it's been saved.…
Automatically it's saved to your OneDrive.…If you're in a business environment like me,…it's OneDrive for Business.…So let's say we start editing.…Select the placeholder text for Your Name…and type in our actual names here.…You can see it's saving up the changes on the fly,…there's no Save button, you won't find one here…because things are automatically saved.…Where?…Directly to the root directory of your OneDrive.…So if we go up to File, you won't find Save…
- Logging in as an administrator
- Defining and adding users
- Uploading files to a team site
- Reading and sending email with the Outlook Web App
- Working with calendars and contacts in Outlook
- Editing a team site
- Adding files to OneDrive
- Connecting with newsfeeds, IM, LinkedIn, or a blog
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new chapter on the Planner task management feature, introduced in Office 365 in June 2016.
Q: This course was updated on 04/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that show how to get started as an end user, including how to install client apps, navigate from app to app, and set up your profile.