Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video What is OneNote?, part of OneNote for Mac Essential Training (Office 365).
- If you're still hearing about OneNote…and wondering what exactly it is,…you're definitely not alone.…So before we dive into the features and functions…of OneNote 2016 for the Mac, let's first…get a good understanding of what it really is…and what it can be used for.…First of all, OneNote could be considered…a hidden gem that can be a useful tool for any person…who needs to take notes or gather information…in any scenario on any computer or mobile device.…By definition, Microsoft OneNote is a note-taking software…program that can work in conjunction with other programs…in the Office suite or all on it's own and give you…anywhere, anytime access to those notes from your computers…and mobile devices.…
But OneNote is so much more than that,…you can create multiple notebooks,…such as one for business purposes and one for personal use.…Each notebook can be broken down into sections,…such as for individual projects, brainstorming,…record keeping and so on.…Inside those sections you can create pages…and subpages as well.…
- Creating, deleting, and sharing notebooks
- Adding pictures, audio and video, and file attachments to notes
- Formatting notes
- Linking notes
- Using tabs
- Creating tables
- Syncing notebooks
- Tracking authors and page versions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with OneNote 2016
2. Creating and Adding Content
3. Formatting Notes
4. Viewing and Organizing Information
5. Working with Tables in OneNote
6. Sharing and Collaboration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.