Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video What is OneNote?, part of OneNote for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
- If you're still hearing about OneNote…and wondering what exactly it is,…you're definitely not alone.…So before we dive into the features and functions…of OneNote 2011 for the Mac,…let's first get a good understanding…of what it really is and what it can be used for.…OneNote is a hidden gem that can be a useful tool…for any person who needs to take notes…or gather information in any scenario…on any computer or a mobile device.…Now by definition, Microsoft OneNote…is a note-taking software app that can work…in conjunction with other programs in the office suite,…or all on its own,…and give you anywhere, anytime access…to those notes from your computers and mobile devices.…
But OneNote is so much more than that.…You can create multiple notebooks,…such as one for business purposes and one for personal use.…Each notebook can be broken down into sections,…such as for individual projects, brainstorming,…record keeping and so on.…And inside those sections you can create pages…and subpages as well.…Now OneNote's appearance and controls…
- Creating and deleting notebooks
- Copying and pasting content
- Adding pictures, audio and video, attachments, and more to notes
- Formatting text
- Viewing and organizing notes
- Creating tables
- Sharing and syncing notebooks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with OneNote 2011
2. Creating and Adding Content
3. Formatting Notes
4. Viewing and Organizing Information
5. Working with Tables in OneNote
6. Sharing and Collaboration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.