Learn best practices for collaborating with your team in Office 365. Discover how to work with shared calendars in Outlook, co-author documents in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, share files via OneDrive and SharePoint, and more.
- [Nick] Welcome to Team Collaboration in Office 365, I'm Nick Brazzi. This course focuses on features in an Office 365 Business or Enterprise deployment. These are the tools used by companies and other organizations to facilitate collaboration and communication between coworkers. In this course, I will start by helping you understand core tools, like Office 365 Groups and SharePoint. Then, we'll start thinking about which collaboration tools you will want to use.
We'll talk about several applications that come with Office 365 that facilitate group communication. We'll see how to send more targeted email messages with Groups, share calendars in Outlook, hold online meetings with Skype for Business, and manage detailed conversation threads in Teams. Then, we'll dive into file storage, file sharing, and online file editing. I'll show you how to get OneDrive for Business and SharePoint set up to store your files online.
We'll go through the process of sharing files with other people, and we will co-author documents, which is where multiple people open and edit a file together at the same time from different computers. This course is not intended for individual users with an Office 365 Home or Student account. This is for employees at a company that use Office 365 Business or Enterprise. If that's you, I hope you will join me as we start working with the collaboration tools in Office 365.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Office 365 accounts and tools
- Office 365 Groups and SharePoint
- Choosing the right tools for your collaboration needs
- Working with shared calendars in Outlook
- Making video and audio calls with Skype for Business
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Editing and co-authoring files stored on OneDrive or SharePoint
- Choosing a location to store files
- Sharing files from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files in Teams