Learn how to prepare an on-premises Active Directory, set up the Azure Active Directory Connect tool, and manage identities using Azure AD Connect.
- [Brian] Hi there, and welcome to this course on Office 365: Managing Identities using Azure Active Directory Connect. My name is Brian Culp. I've been teaching people Microsoft certification topics since the days of Windows NT and I'll be your tour guide in this course. The topics that we'll discuss here are mapped to a specific objective on the 70-346 Exam. That exam is called Managing Office 365: Identities and Requirements. And so, I'll be tackling this particular topic in three sections.
The first, we will be preparing Active Directory for Azure Active Directory Connect. The second section looks at the setup of the Azure Active Directory Connect tool. And then the third is managing users and groups with AAD Connect in place. By the end of this course, you'll have a better grasp of how to use Office 365 with an existing Active Directory domain controller in an on-premises environment. And, you will be better prepared for the 70-346 Exam.
Let's get started.
- Active Directory Connect and Office 365
- Planning for non-routable domain names
- Cleaning up Active Directory objects
- Using the IDFix tool
- Filtering Active Directory
- Using AAD install
- Synchronizing passwords and attributes
- Creating and managing users and groups
- Scheduling and forcing AD synchronization