In this video, learn the importance of incorporating user feedback where possible. The people in your organization have the best idea of the work they do, and may have some terrific ideas about how to collaborate better. Provide the opportunity for them to give input.
- The one thing that I hope like heck…is happening in your organization…is that you've done your requirements gathering before…you start on your journey to a collaborative workplace.…You'd think this was a no-brainer, wouldn't you?…Unfortunately, I have seen repeated cases…where changes were decided on by a small group of people…without any attempt made to understand…current workflow or pain points.…And guess what?…Typically, these wind up badly.…The people in your organization have…the best idea of the work they do,…and may have some terrific ideas about…how to collaborate better.…
Provide the opportunity for them to give input.…Now, in an ideal world,…this should be happening before any decisions…about tools or technologies are made.…Surveys and focus groups are the two most…popular ways to get information from the community at large,…and they are absolutely worth…their weight in gold if done right.…Take the time to draft survey questions well,…so that you're not directing responses artificially.…For focus groups, stick with small groups…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.