Learn how to bring your presentations to life by creating an interactive summary of your presentation with automatic navigation links using Zoom.
- [Instructor] If you anticipate needing to jump around from section to section while you're delivering your presentation here in PowerPoint and Office 365. Or if you simply want to create a more interactive presentation that's visually exciting, you'll like this next new feature. It's called the Summary Zoom. All you need to have is a presentation with a number of slides and preferably have them broken up into sections already. You can see this one has a Welcome section. E-commerce has a couple of slides.
Then we're on to R and D. Sales and Marketing has a number of slides. Because that works already done, what we'll see next is PowerPoint helping us create a nice little summary slide that will make navigation so much easier. We do that by going to the Insert tab then over here to Zoom. And you'll see some Zoom options. Right at the top is the Summary Zoom. Below it you could create links to zoom in to a specific section and then back to the summary.
Or links to specific slides. But the Summary Zoom creates a brand new slide and section for you. Go ahead and give it a click. This is going to display all your slides in thumbnails, some of which are already selected or checked off. You'll notice they're the first slides in each of our sections. These are the slides that are being picked for our summary slide. And we don't really have to do anything else unless we wanted to add additional slides to the summary.
I think we're set, clicking insert creates a new section. The summary section. The brand new slide with those thumbnail representations of the first slide in each of our sections. And if we want we can add a title. I'm just gonna click up here and type Welcome. You can even delete this whole thing if you didn't want anything but these thumbnails. Click in the background and we're ready to test this out. We'll do it by playing the presentation. Let's go up to Slide Show up here and play it from the beginning.
So the first slide we see is our Welcome slide here with our summary zoom. Move your mouse around until it appears and if you want to go to a specific section you simply click it. It'll zoom into that slide, that's the zoom part, and as you move from slide to slide now, clicking or hitting a key, it's gonna take you from one slide to the next and eventually when it reaches the end of that section take you back to the summary. Now we can go where we want by clicking that.
Zooms in. We move from slide to slide, and back to the beginning where we see our summary zoom. Press escape and that's how you can get help navigating your presentations, jumping from one section to another with some nice visual effects.
- Getting writing assistance from Editor
- Using the Resume Assistant in Word
- Turning data into maps in Excel
- Setting access to linked files right within Outlook
- Creating better PowerPoint lists with Designer
- Using the math assistant in OneNote
- Working with Microsoft To-Do and Forms