Naturally, the amount of messages you have in Teams will grow substantially over time. Soon, it may become prohibitively difficult to find information in your channels. The search feature offers several tools to make it much easier to find old messages. Learn how to use filters to search only specific teams or channels. See how to search for shared files or people in your teams.
- [Instructor] Here in my demo account,…I do not have many active conversations,…so it's very easy to find old messages.…But when you start using teams, you will probably…have several teams, each with several channels…full of lots of conversations.…If you're looking for a specific message…or conversation thread, or chat message,…and you don't have it bookmarked,…you're going to want to use the search tool.…Located up at the top of the Teams list,…is the search field.…So, I have some channels and I have some conversations…active with my web development team,…and I know, at some point, there was a conversation…related to our Masthead Graphic.…
So I can click on this search field…and just search for the word "masthead".…I'll hit enter, and it performs that search.…Pretty simple.…These are all of the messages…that contain the word "masthead", and I can click on one…and it will take me to that conversation…and it will highlight the message that contains that word.…Now this is not limited to conversations…in your team channels.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and team members
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using bots to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android