When editing text on a slide in PowerPoint, it may make sense to stay on the keyboard instead of reaching for the mouse to work more efficiently to modify that text. In this movie, you will know how to use keyboard shortcuts to select text and modify that text by accessing the ribbon from your keyboard. ctrl-f2
- [Voiceover] If you're working away on your presentation…when you lose access to your mouse…there is a way to get around the menus…using keyboard shortcuts.…That's what we're going to do in this movie…with our Landon Hotel presentation.…If you want to get caught up, Landon Hotel '04, '03,…it's in the chapter four folder of your exercise files.…So all of a sudden I can't use my mouse and I want to save.…Well, if you don't remember that the keyboard shortcut…is Command+S for save or if you need to access a command…that does not have a keyboard shortcut…you can navigate the menus…and you start that off by pressing down Control…with function key two.…
Control+F2, you can see in the top left corner,…highlights the Apple menu.…Now you can use your cursor keys.…If you want the Apple menu hit the down arrow…and each time you hit the down arrow…you'll move down the list and you can move back up,…all the way up, and across.…Use the right arrow to move to the PowerPoint menu.…Then over to File and down to save…and when you press Return…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.